Equipping Classes are a rotating schedule of studies designed to help adults grow in faith and prepare us as Christ followers to "go and make disciples" in our families, places of business, and communities.
The following classes are intended for adults and offered on Sunday morning and Wednesday night. There are also men's and women's Bible studies (on Tues. and Wed. morning and Wed. night), and various other classes throughout the week. Please click on the respective areas of ministry under the ADULT MINISTRIES tab.
Sunday Mornings 9:00a.m.
- Thriving in Trials: Facilitator- Christopher Barnes, FLC #201. True faith produces fruit. A faith without action and without life change is ultimately a dead faith. Francis Chan unpacks the dense truth contained in the book of James through 12 sessions. Francis works through James verse-by-verse, challenging followers of Christ to move beyond a private, intellectual knowledge of God and His Word, to a vibrant faith that impacts every square inch of life.
- Discerning Truth: Developing a Biblical Worldview Teacher - Pastor Brett Inman, FLC #202. This class will help you take the traditions of your calling (history, politics, literature, art, computers, or whatever) and cultivate those traditons in a faithfully Christian way. It will help you build a biblical set of lenses thru which you can see everything around you and make godly decisions.
- Light in a Dark Place: The Doctrine of Scripture Teacher - Christopher Williams, FLC #203. Scripture is the very Word of God. What we believe about the Bible is foundational to every part of life. The goal of this class is to help readers cherish, obey, and be transformed by what God has spoken in his Word.
- How to Understand and Apply the Old Testament Teacher - Christopher Williams (Starts Feb. 3, 2019), FLC #203. This class is for anyone who wants to learn how to carefully observe, accurately understand, fairly evaluate, faithfully express, and rightfully act upon God's Old Testament Word. Twelve steps from Exegesis to Theology. This class will run between 12-16 weeks.
- Jesus Christ, The Greatest Life: Teacher - Andy Stang, FLC #204. This curriculum is a unique blending of the four Gospels. This is a 26-week course that will take the class through all four Gospels at the same time.
- (Jan. 20 & 27, 2019) Newcomers/Membership Class: Teacher - Pastor Tim Arrington.Are you considering Christ Community Church as your new church home? Then this class is for you! The class will not only provide information about what the church believes and how it functions, it will also provide information on what we offer you and your family, and how you can become involved.
Sunday Mornings 10:45a.m.
- Grace Filled Marriage: Facilitator Pastor Floyd Morgan, FLC #201. (Begins Jan. 27)This study explores a radical hypothesis: Most marriages don't fail because they lack love…they fail because they lack grace. Grace can bring intimacy and restoration to broken marriages. Grace means giving your spouse something they desperately need, but don't necessarily deserve…things like kindness, forgiveness and the benefit of the doubt. And the best part is that if we focus on grace, the love we so desire with our spouse will naturally follow.
Wednesday Night Class 6:30pm
- 1 Thessalonians: Teacher - Pastor Eric Naus, FLC #201. join Pastor Eric as he leads us in a verse by verse, interactive study through the Apostle Paul’s oldest letter in the New Testament, 1 Thessalonians. Together, we’ll explore the relevance of this ancient letter for daily lives of faith! Bring your Bible!